Sunday, November 30, 2008

Linga Party Celebrations

Since I did not write much the last month as I was busy preparing the staff for my absence, I missed the chance to write about two big parties we had at Linga Bar. The first party was Halloween which we have re-named Linga-ween. It is our biggest and most fun party of the year. The staff love it, the ex-pat community loves it and of course the tourist love it because they never expect to see Halloween in Cambodia. I love Halloween and we try our best to put on a good party every year. I buy our Halloween decorations in Thailand or the US and we have a lot a great decorations now that we have added more each year. This year being the first time we have had Linga-ween on a Friday, we wanted to make it even bigger so we setup and outdoor bar and added a big screen to project scary movies in the passage. Well, we were rewarded with an unbelievably fun night. A fantastic turn out and some great music. Even the huge rain storm that came could not stop the party because thankfully everyone had already arrived. The party went on until 3am and afterwards I took the staff out for some food. By the time I got home and to bed it was 6am and I had a cold, blisters on my feet but it was well worth it. Here are some pics from Linga-ween. A more complete set will be on the Linga Bar website as soon as our web designer can get to it. Next year will be a Saturday night Halloween, I can't wait!

The next party was for Linga's birthday. This year we celebrated our fourth anniversary on Saturday, 15 November. Like last year, we wanted to put on a show so I enlisted the help of Love Ramos and his friends Brewster and Vincent. They helped my staff to learn a dance routine and I picked six of the staff to perform. They really enjoyed it and I was happy to have them get a chance to make a show for our customers. We had a lip sync performance by "Apple" from Phnom Penh which was good. Last year we had three drag performers but this year I could only find Apple. She performed two songs and I was impressed with her elegant outfits. Even Brewster and Vincent performed. It was not a big night like Linga-ween but just a chance for us to thank our customers for their four years of support. Again, a few pics here and the rest on the website when we can get that done. Enjoy!





No comments: